The receipt of medical assistance by foreign students
is connected with compulsory insurance. The algorithm of actions for the
arrangement of the insurance policy.
Every year, foreign students, studying in Belarus, must undergo a medical examination. In addition, before entering the educational institution, it is necessary to undergo an initial medical examination. This is required to obtain a certificate, confirming the fitness for secondary specialized or higher education.
Fitness to study
Upon application, international students must confirm their health status.
For this, it is necessary to pass an initial examination and attach the
relevant certificate to the package of documents for entrance. The cost of a
physical examination is:
for men—171.99 BYN (~ $70);
for women—195.90 BYN (~ $80).
During the examination, you will need to undergo an ECG, photofluorography, and
general blood and urine tests. In addition, you need to visit the surgeon,
neurologist, ophthalmologist, otolaryngologist, dentist, gynaecologist (women).
The indicated list is obligatory (minimum), but additional examinations can be
The first thing you should do, when contacting the clinic, is to take a referral to a pre-doctor’s office, in which they will write out an appointment for the necessary doctors. The certificate should list all the doctors and examinations performed, as well as a note on “fitness for study in the chosen speciality”.
Annual Medical Check-up
For preventive purposes, a medical examination is carried out on an annual
basis. This is a mandatory event, approved by state law and internal acts of
the institution. The cost of a physical examination is lower than the initial
examination, and for foreign citizens is:
for men—108.55 BYN (~ $50);
for women—132.46 BYN (~ $60).
Medical Service for International Students
In Belarus, medicine is well-developed. In the process of teaching foreign students for various reasons, medical assistance may be required. It will be provided to all holders of health insurance, which is issued for a visa and registration (for a period of 1 year). As an exception, there are CIS citizens with whom Belarus has signed bilateral government agreements. For them, obtaining insurance is optional, but highly desirable. This is necessary for quick and qualified treatment (including expensive).
A health insurance contract allows you to get emergency or rescue emergency qualified assistance. The contract can be concluded with a Belarusian insurance company at the border or upon arrival at the National Airport (with "Belgosstrakh'' and ''Beleximgarant'' companies). The following data should be indicated in the policy:
- Name, Surname, Patronymic (initials);
- territorial effect of insurance (Belarus or ''the whole world'');
- validity period (entire period of stay in Belarus);
- insurance amount (not less than €10,000).
Please note: the insurance policy does not cover the following services:
- medical services that are not necessary (treatment of chronic, mental and gynaecological diseases, as well as sexually transmitted diseases);
- dental treatment, not related to the relief of acute pain;
- treatment of alcohol poisoning, injuries sustained in the state of alcohol or drug intoxication;
- plastic surgery, abortion and alternative treatment;
- treatment of injuries resulted in attempted suicide;
- treatment made without the consent of the insurer;
- treatment of injuries and illnesses, resulting from a natural disaster or epidemic, nuclear explosion or military operation.
The cost of an insurance pole for one year is €170.